December 17, 2019
Winston Churchill once said, “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” When there’s a cause you’re passionate about or a charitable event you’re planning, excitement looms around the occasion. If you’re part of an athletic team or fraternity or sorority, you’re always looking for ways to cultivate team spirit and unity. For those who have been affected by health issues such as breast cancer, your association may be looking for a way to show support for survivors. Or perhaps your cause personal or more business-related. For all the above, a custom lapel pin is a popular and fashionable option for just about any group.
While you may be most familiar with the lapel pins traditionally worn on suits and jackets of politicians, customized pins are rapidly taking over the fashion landscape, appearing on hats, bags, and all kinds of clothes. In fact, custom lapel pins are trending so much that even some apparel companies are starting to explore brand extensions into these complementary accessories. In modern circles, lapel pins are becoming popular gifts or promotional items with a hip, edgy appeal for fraternities and sororities, associations, military, educators, and more. If you’re wondering if designing custom lapel pins for yourself, your group, or your business is the right move, look no further. Here are some of the most popular and innovative ways to use these versatile items.
From novelty and athletic lapel pins to military and patriotic pins to promotional or corporate pins for your business, there are so many unique implementations of this versatile accessory. Here are 12 of our favorite ways to wear and use lapel pins:
1. Custom charity lapel pins. This is a traditional type of enamel lapel pin and one that is esteemed and appreciated by your donors and supporters. You’ll see people sporting these for just about any cause you can imagine, and they can be customized with organization logos, names, or any other design of your choice.
2. Fraternity or sorority pins. Pins are an old tradition in the Greek system and are a great way to proudly show off your connection to your house while pledging or during Greek Week. These pins can be customized with house letters or be more of a subtle nod to other house traditions.
3. Education, band, music, and sports lapel pins offer a simple way to display your team’s logo or offer recognition for outstanding work or sportsmanship. For bands, pins are an amazing item to either give to loyal fans or to sell as merch. What better way to advertise your music than on the clothing and bags of your coolest fans?
4. Political, religious, or cultural pins. From politics to crosses and culture insignias, there are pins available for every type of belief, fundraising event, and program. When you’re part of a community, you want to take pride in it, and customized pins are a fun and affordable way to show your dedication.
5. Women’s health and empowerment pins represent leaders, educators, and survivors. From breast cancer support to solidary with those impacted by sexual violence, there’s a pin for every cause.
6. Wedding, anniversary, or alumni event favors are amazing ways to thank those who have shown up and supported you or your organization over the years. Jordan almonds may be delicious, but pins last forever!
7. Military and patriotic lapel pins for hats and uniforms. Your military squad will love when you recognize them for their service efforts with pins that can line their favorite hat or uniform. You can customize these pins in all kinds of ways, including your unit’s special insignia, names, dates, or meaningful symbols.
8. Custom lapel pins for volunteers or team jackets are meaningful for acknowledging your special teams with an organizational emblem. Your volunteers give a lot of time, and a special, customized gift will show that their work has not gone unnoticed.
9. Lapel pins for apparel bags are a great way to showcase your unique spirit. Whether you sport your custom pin on a purse, a messenger bag, a tote, a backpack, or fanny pack, one-of-kind pins show off who you are and what you love.
10. Lanyard lapel pins offer a fun way to spice up speaker events or small conferences. You can make your guests feel excited to be at your event when you offer them more than just a boring, plain tag to hang from their necks!
11. Flower pins, badges, mascots, and other custom lapel pins bring new life to promotional incentives, awards, and giveaways. These items are just plain fun, and make people even more excited for what’s to come.
Once you’ve decided that custom lapel pins will be the perfect accessory to fit your needs, you’ll have to make some design decisions. One of the most important steps will involve enamel. There are two primary types of lapel pins: soft and hard enamel. Soft enamel pins are the most regularly-ordered type of pin and offer a variety of custom plating options. Hard enamel pins ensure precise color filling and a high-end, polished appearance.
• Soft Enamel: The most popular type features soft enamel, offering a rich depth in its appearance. A soft enamel custom lapel pin can be created from just about any standard file types such as .jpeg and .png. You can even choose the overall look of the pin and whether you want a shiny gold, silver, gunmetal, or colored metal.
• Hard Enamel: This option enables color fills for a high-end and premium appearance. Custom-shaped hard enamel pins feature a brass base material and can be plated with either copper, silver, gold, or various other options, ensuring a clean, polished, smooth appearance, just like soft enamel pins.
Whether you choose soft or hard enamel or another option like die struck without any color, your fashionable custom lapel pins speak for themselves as a perfect incentive or giveaway. Looking for something a bit more large-scale? You might also want to consider offering a custom medal along with a lapel pin for sports players’, band members’, or orchestra performers’ jackets, ball caps, bags, or other apparel — it’s a great option for recognizing those who have paved the way for the success of your team.
When you’re in the spirit of giving and wanting to make a difference in the lives of the community, members, leaders, and performers you care about, you need to find a creative way to give a gift or incentive that will inspire passion for your cause or encourage teammates with meaningful appreciation.
The/Studio, a custom pin manufacturer with a full line of custom lapel pins, can offer the best solution for low minimum order quantities (MOQs) at a lower per-unit price, while meeting your timely needs. We offer access to a quality network of the best factories, delivering on your customization requirements so that your experience will go precisely the way you hope. And, you’ll have a variety of options for handing out those fashionable accolades and custom lapel pins as incentives and giveaways for your noteworthy cause.
The/Studio is a custom lapel pin manufacturing firm that enables creators to design custom lapel pins more quickly and efficiently. If you’re interested in creating a custom lapel pin for your group or organization, contact us or create your product today.