February 6, 2020
The storied designer Yves Saint Laurent once stated, “Fashions fade, style is eternal.” And indeed, walking in style requires carrying yourself with a lasting impression from head to toe. The era of fashion where plain black or white socks were the only options has ended. Today’s fashion relies upon color, patterns, and custom looks to ensure a stand-out image, all the way down to your feet.
But what do you do if you want to provide custom socks for your customers or need socks for your event, and you don’t know where to begin? Here are some ways to customize socks online and create limitless fashion plus one-of-a-kind style.
Socks today are available in many different styles, colors, patterns, and graphic appearances. If you’re considering designing your own, here are the customization options you should consider.
There are various styles of socks available for customization and several materials custom socks are made of, as well as different levels of thickness. Socks are available in crew, knee-high, athletic, quarter length, no show, no-slip, and branded varieties.
To customize socks online, you should work with a custom designer that offers an on-demand creation tool. This makes ordering easier and gives you an easy way to choose from various fabrics such as standard casual in a blend of poly-cotton, polyester, spandex, or nylon. Perhaps you prefer a premium blend of fabrics that can be custom designed in either dress or casual? A good creation tool will allow you to specify just that.
When ordering colored socks, multiple colors can pull together the design you are hoping for to really make your socks pop. An array of colors should be available for screen printing and production through a quality manufacturer.
Custom socks are truly unique fashion accessories that have a wide range of design options. As far as patterns go, you can order from:
• Jacquard knit, which offers a special knitting process of your graphic designs and images. This is a great option for repeating patterns in particular
• A dye sublimated process provides a heat transfer printing process for designs with sharp color and detail. 360 printed socks ensure that this advanced technique removes any white gaps from the printing of your graphic images
• Image reproduction. From only a sketch or basic artwork, a custom designer will help you bring your custom graphic or image to life on your custom socks
With the right custom designer, you can experience custom sock prices at low minimum order quantities (MOQs) and lower per-unit pricing. When the primary mode of ordering is online and there are many selections to choose from, you can create socks for just about any event or group. Some popular reasons for customizing socks include:
• Schools and Athletics. Create custom socks for elementary or Montessori students, high schoolers, or university students in school colors or with a screen printed mascot to make a real footprint
• Marathons, Bicycle Clubs, Obstacle Races, and Fundraising Walks or Fun Runs. Events like these require apparel with special emblems, association logos, names, and numbers, as well as custom socks to match apparel and gear
• Casual Events Like Outdoor Corporate Events, Scavenger Hunts, and Group Outings. Wear crew socks with slip-ons or sneakers to coordinate with casual apparel
• Lounging, Pajama Parties, and Church Lock-Ins. No-slip socks are great for relaxing and hanging out with your family and friends at home or even at slumber parties. You won’t slip and fall when you’re playing games or joining in on a church-wide lock-in
• Spring and Summer Picnics, Camps, and Family Reunions. No show socks enable you to sport a bit of style when the shoes come off. Otherwise, these comfy socks can be worn without peaking above your shoes or taken off when you feel like running about at a picnic or family reunion
• Formal Dress Occasions Such as Prom, Weddings, Anniversaries, and Military Balls. When called to dress up, wear knee-high socks with dressier shoes like oxfords, loafers, and espadrilles. Consider your options:
• The Traditional Approach. On the more conservative side, the traditional approach for wearing custom dress socks calls for sock colors that match your formal wear. Black with black, dark blues with blue, and so on. These socks work nicely for finer events like military balls and proms, or as corporate incentives
• The Modern Approach. The modern approach calls for stepping out of the box a bit and wearing branded socks in bright, bold colors, various patterns, and even embroidered emblems. These socks are especially great for online shops, weddings, and gifts at company retreats
When you design your own socks for your business or event, remember that the sky’s the limit for how many custom design principles you want to factor into your custom socks. When you have an image or drawing in mind, a creators’ on-demand design tool will help you gain valuable footing when you customize socks online.
Years ago, socks really were just socks. Black and white, humdrum, boring. Nowadays, custom socks are stylish accessories that complement a wardrobe and speak a language of their own. In fact, when you customize socks online, there are so many options to choose from, you may find that your custom socks will steal the show.
A quality manufacturer like The/Studio can tackle just about any customization you desire, offering an online, on-demand creation design tool that you can access anytime and that allows you to select options that really stand out like style, color, material, and graphic impressions. When you’re ready to start customizing, step online, step into style, and begin creating today.
The/Studio is a custom sock designer that enables creators to design customized socks online more quickly and efficiently. If you’re interested in creating custom socks for your organization, contact us or create your product today.